‘Tis the season! We know, we know, Thanksgiving hasn’t come and gone yet, but here in Guatemala we don’t have Thanksgiving! Therefore, ‘tis the season! On this note you will find some praises to glorify God’s name as well as some prayer requests, we ask for you to help us lift in prayer.
- We praise God for the two wonderful teams from 3 different churches that we hosted simultaneously last week [pictured below]! It was a wonderful week of fellowship, sharing the Gospel, sharing God’s love, and seeing many lives change to God’s glory! Remember, if you want to join us for a short-term mission trip email Andrea Mendez [email protected].
- We praise God for His provision. We are seeing funds for Zona Cero and Christmas Festival starting to trickle in.
- We give praises to God for proving for an Abuelitos program to start at our church in Gerona (Guatemala City/squatter community)! Right now, they are meeting once a month. For 3 months now, we’ve had 65 abuelitos show up!
- We are so grateful to God for calling and allowing us to work in His ministry full-time. God has been with us every step of the way this year, He has provided when we think we’re done, He has given us strength when we felt weak, He has lifted us up when we’ve fallen, and He has shown us His grace daily.
During this Thanksgiving Season:
Give thanks in all circumstances,
for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18 [NIV]
- We ask that you continue to pray for Zona Cero youth camp. Pray that during Zona Cero many attending will decide to leave the world behind them and follow Jesus Christ. We want to see a passion burning in these teens! We want them to go home and share with their friends and family that they are a new person in Christ, and that they will lead many others to Christ! Please remember, you can still donate here.
- Please pray for our Christmas Festival. During this event we are ministering to believers and non-believers. We know that Christmas is not all about “the gifts” and that the true meaning is what we need to share with everyone. We also know that gifts are a way we can share God’s love. Impacto is just a channel that God uses to provide something special for over 200 families! Pray that many will hear the Gospel, truly understand its meaning, and make the decision to accept Jesus as their Savior.
- We ask you to pray for our staff as we are already in the planning stages for 2024. We have many teams coming, ministry events, and ministry projects, all needing the best we can give in preparation. Please pray for God to provide us with discernment as we make decisions, for rest, energy, and cohesion for our staff.
- We have noticed that some of the sweet abuelitos attending the new Abuelitos program in Gerona could really benefit from a cane. Please prayerfully consider partnering with us to purchase canes for these abuelitos. In Guatemala, a cane is US$20 and you can click DONATE NOW to find different ways to gift a cane! Thank you very much!