Is it just us, or is February flying by? This month has been very busy for our staff but we are all delighting in everything that has happened! Below we would like to share some praises and requests so that you may join us in bringing them before our Lord in prayer.
- Praise God we have set up 10 computers in 10 different congregations so that pastors and students can virtually attend the weekly Bible Institute classes. We did not think we would be this far along in the process by now; God is so good! As we have visited the churches, we have been able to spend time with the pastors, encourage them, and feel encouraged by them.
- Through these 10 computers we have seen the number of students grow at a steady rate and we are thrilled! We pray that each student will learn more about the Bible and be able to become Pastors and leaders in the near future.
- Stitches of Blessings has officially begun! We called the women who were in the class last year as they were only able to attend 3 classes. We have split the class into two sessions so that we are able to social distance. It has been so nice to see the women again, and they are so excited to continue and hope to receive their machines this year.
- We have started a new Happy Tummies in Guatemala City. It is in a very poor area of the city in one of our churches. This will make follow-up and discipleship much easier and effective. There are many people in need, not only physically but spiritually as well. We pray that we will be a light in the darkness and many families will come to know Christ as their Lord and Savior.
- Happy Tummies and Abuelitos has officially started again with in-person ministry! We need to follow the protocol put in place by the government and for this reason, we have no more than 2 grades per day in the building. We will continue to do Happy Tummies To Go simultaneously to feed the kids who: (1) it is not their turn to be in-person; and (2) those who still do not feel comfortable being there in-person. We will not force anyone who does not feel comfortable being there but we will continue to feed them daily
“And over all these virtues put on love,
which binds them all together in perfect unity."
- Please pray that our staff will be filled with wisdom and discernment as we make decisions to move forward with ministry in the midst of this COVID pandemic.
- Public schools will be beginning their school year in 1 week here in Guatemala. Please pray for the children to stay safe and healthy.
- Pray alongside us for God to continue to give us opportunities to share the Gospel with many more. During these times especially, many need Jesus and are eager to hear! Our prayer is that God we will cross paths of as many of these people as possible so that we can lovingly share the Gospel with them.
- As we make decisions to move forward in ministries there are a few changes and add-ons we need, especially at the Happy Tummies’ at the lake. If you would like to partner with us as we work on these changes please donate to our Compassion Ministries. We will be giving more information on these changes on our Social Media. Make sure you click the links down below to follow us and get weekly updates.