February is the shortest month of the year, but it surely has not felt like so! Our staff has been busy planning and trying to get a head start on major planning. Below we would like to share some Praises & Requests as we continue to work for the Lord and serve the people of Guatemala.
- We praise God because we have been able to continue feeding our Abuelitos as well as the kids and staff from 4 different Happy Tummies locations.
- To God be the glory, for His children are hungry for His word. The online Bible Institute continues to grow, we just mailed another laptop with 20 workbooks to a brand-new group located right on the boarder with Mexico!
- In the last couple of weeks both Pastor Luis and Tony have had the privilege of being invited to a few different churches to preach. It has been quite some time since they were both able to travel in the country to preach, and it has been a breath of fresh air to be able to fellowship with other churches.
“Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins. Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.”
1 John 4:7-1
- Please pray for provision for all our Compassion Ministries. These ministries have become critical during the pandemic. And though we hope the pandemic’s end is near we know we will be seeing the effects of it for quite some time.
- We ask that you please pray for the women who will be a part of Stitches of Blessings this year. Dinora has met with a few in person and talked with the rest over the phone. They are all so excited to learn a trade that will help their families.
And, our biggest request…
- This year we are planning a MEGA-VBS! Now that we have the amazing space in Xejuyu we are hoping to hold a VBS in November (that’s during our ‘summer’ vacation). We are hoping to invite many kids in San Juan. We will extend this invitation to our Happy Tummies kids and their families, the local churches and any other kids who want to come. With this being said, we think we will have upward of 200 kids, maybe even up to 400!
In November/December of this year we will witness the games of The World Cup! As you can imagine, for a country that loves soccer this is a huge deal for us! This is why we are making the VBS theme The World Cup and/or sports! We are so excited to share about Jesus, His love, Salvation, mercy, and care with all the kids!
We plan to have the kids for about half a day and provide, devotions, worship time, crafts, games, and a hearty healthy snack! To be able to provide all these things and more for the kids we are need $45 per child for the entire week. Please, prayerfully consider joining us as we prepare to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ with all the children in San Juan!